Several weeks ago, we mailed you a letter asking you to renew your KSB membership. Thanks to those of you who have already responded with your donation. However, we would greatly appreciate hearing from those of you who haven’t yet responded.
As you know, KSB is the one organization that proactively watches over and takes action to preserve the beauty and environmental health of the greater Sedona area.
Thanks to your past support, here are some of the ways KSB delivered on our mission to Preserve the Wonder in 2018.
- Dark Skies: Along with the Big Park/Village of Oak Creek Dark-Sky Committee, we participated in numerous educational events and took sky quality measurements to ensure that Sedona continues to protect its dark night time skies and reduces light pollution. We also assisted Camp Verde in achieving dark sky designation.
- Land Preservation: KSB continuously monitors the status of revised comments and modifications to the Coconino Forest Plan.
- Noise Abatement: A collaborative effort brought helicopter tour operators together with the Mayor, City Manager, Chamber of Commerce, County Supervisor, congressional representative: and the airport authority to seek a voluntary Letter of Agreement covering the minimum altitude for helicopter flights.
- Litter Prevention and Cleanup: Our volunteers regularly walk and clean 70 miles of Sedona area roads.
- Awards of Excellence: This KSB program encourages and recognizes individuals, businesses and organizations whose contributions enhance and support the beautification of Sedona.
- Native Plant Workshop: Speaker Series, Sustainability Alliance, and much, much more!
Please take a moment right now to support our important work by renewing you membership. Local, grassroots work has never been more critical for protecting our natural resources.
This year you can quickly renew online at keepsedonabeautiful.org or by mailing the enclosed membership form that we previously sent you.